- With your feet shoulder width apart, legs firm, belly toned, inhale as you raise your arms up over your head.
- Exhale, bending your elbows to bring your arms into a "cactus" or "goalpost" shape.
- Keeping your elbows bent, inhale and lift your heart and gaze, squeezing your shoulder blades behind you, widening across the chest.
- Exhale and re-firm up your legs and check in that your lower back feels okay.
- Hold the pose for a few rounds of breath.
- On an inhale, bring your arms up straight over head.
- On an exhale, lower your hands to heart center.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
It's not always easy to feel grateful. But most of us have plenty to be thankful for. When you're feeling down about your lot in life, try this quick sequence. It puts your body in a physical position associated with gratitude.
Labels: yoga for non-yoga people