I've written before about one of my favorite tricks to calm myself when I need a moment.
"Bee's Breath" is also great for when you're stressed.
- Place your thumbs over the flaps inside your ears, and gently plug your ears.
- Place your index fingers gently over your closed eyes.
- Place your middle fingers on each side of the bridge of the nose.
- Place your ring fingers in the space between your nose and lips.
- Place your pinky fingers on your chin.
Now take a deep breathe in and then hum a single note- however loud you like - whatever note comes out.
At the end of your long, slow hum/exhale take another deep breath and repeat. Do this for about 2 minutes.
The entire world will melt away. All you'll hear is the hum. It is really soothing.
I suppose you could hum a song that you find calming. I haven't tried it that way myself, but you might like it.